During Operation Safe Driver Week, July 15-21, 2018, a total of 57,405 citations and 87,907 warnings were issued to drivers throughout the week. Law enforcement made 42,144 contacts with CMV drivers, where 10,709 citations were issued.
The top five citations issued to CMV drivers were:
- State/Local Laws – 6,008 citations
- Speeding – 1,908 citations
- Failing to use a seat belt while operating a CMV – 1,169 citations
- Failure to obey a traffic control device – 754 citations
- Using a handheld phone – 262 citations
To see the complete article please click, https://cvsa.org/news-entry/2018-osd-week-results/